This is high temperature silicone resistor core wrapped around inside an outer foil jacket. Typical operating power is 4.5W/inch of resistor core.
Foil Heaters are primarily used for warming applications where an economical surface heater is required.
Maximum Temperature Rating is 325°F. Maximum Watt Density is typically 5 W / in², but can be higher based on application
Features & Benefits
- Easy to Install (when ordered with the adhesive backing)
- Customized shapes available
- Low mass means fast heat-up time
- Battery Warmers
- Food Warmers
- Laboratory Warmers
- Foil Heaters are constructed with a resistive heating element cable sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminum.
- The resistive heating element cable consists of a nichrome wire wrapped around a fiberglass core which is embedded in a silicone extrusion. This element is designed to fit the area required, and placed between two layers of aluminum foil.
- Available with an adhesive backing for easy installation.
- Most foil heaters are rectangular, but can be manufactured to any custom shape with holes and cutouts. Thermostats and thermal fuses can be embedded in the heater for additional control.
- Leadwire supplied is Teflon™ coated, unless otherwise specified.