The Permaheat Strip heater is designed for heavy-duty applications and is the most rugged strip heater we offer. It uses a tubular heating element to provide excellent heat transfer and resistance to contamination, and its aluminum body allows for better conformity to slightly irregular surfaces.
The tubular elements are placed in a precisely extruded aluminum base. The aluminum body also serves as an excellent transfer medium for rapid heat-up while providing a uniform temperature throughout the entire heater.
Expedite Service Available
Our standard lead-time on this product is 10-15 business days; however, a 5-business day expedite is available for a fee. Anything less than 5 business days will have to be approved by manufacturing. When requesting a quote, please be sure to indicate any time-sensitive requirements.
- Operating Temp Capability600°F
- Max. Watts per Square Inch35
Features & Benefits
- Excellent heat distribution
- Rapid heat up
- Rugged construction
- Long life due to tubular construction
- Large selection of lengths, sizes and terminations
- Various termination options
- Vibration and contamination resistant
Permaheats can be used in many different situations, including:
- Extrusion die heating
- Compression molding
- Chemical processing
Applications involving vibration or the risk of contamination
- Length: Consult Tutco regarding your specific requirements
- Wattage: + 5% - 10%
- Thickness: .5" (12.7 mm)
- Width: 1 1/2" (38.1 mm), 2 1/2" (63.5 mm), 3" (76.2 mm), 4" (10.1 cm)
- Voltage: 120, 240
- 10-32 stainless steel 20 amp rating.
- 842°F (450°C) - 300 volt or 600 volt U.L. listed mica tape wire
- 35 watts/sq. in. (5.6 watts/sq. cm)
Minimum and Maximum Length
- 1 1/2" (38.1 mm) wide: 6" - 50" (15.2 cm -127 cm)
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm), 3" (76.2 mm), 4" (10.1 cm) wide: 6"- 25" (15.2 cm-63.5 cm)
Optional 5/16" (7.9 mm) dia. mounting holes on centerline, typical. Other mounting hole placements are available depending upon heater width and length.
Contact Tutco for additional details.